Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{photo has nothing to do with this post.  but who doesn't love a sweet baby?}



I thought this was a great idea.  Found via That Wife


Ones I have consumed are in bold.

1. Abalone

2. Absinthe 


3. Alligator

4. Baba Ghanoush 

5. Bagel and lox

6. Baklava

7. Barbecue Ribs

8. Bellini 

9. Bird's Nest Soup - this is a little out there for me.  maybe one day

10. Biscuits and gravy

11. Black pudding - yeah, I'm not sure about this one either.  maybe one day

12. Black truffle

13. Borscht  

14. Calamari 

15. Carp

16. Caviar 

17. Cheese Fondue 

18. Chicken & Waffles

19. Chicken Tikka Masala 

20. Chile Relleno

21. Chitterlings/Chitlins

22. Churros 

23. Clam Chowder

24. Cognac

25. Crabcake

26. Crickets - I realy wouldn't mind this at all, I don't think.  but they'd have to be the chocolate covered ones, I think

27. Currywurst - I had to look this one up, but definitely think it's do-able

28. Dandelion wine

29. Dulce de leche 

30. Durian - I had to look this one up too, but upon seeing a picture of it (it's a big, spiky fruit), I realized that I've seen it at one of the asian markets that nico & I frequent.  it stinks.  I don't know if I could get past the smell, but maybe if I found a good recipe for it...?

31. Eel - nico's favourite sushi is ungai {hence the puppy name}

32. Eggs Benedict - my favourite breakfast evah

33. Fish Tacos 

34. Foie Gras 

35. Fresh Spring Rolls 

36. Fried Catfish

37. Fried Green Tomatoes

38. Fried Plantain - mmm, you make tostones when they are green & maduros when they are ripe & black.  sooo good

39. Frito Pie - childhood staple, right here

40. Frog's Legs 

41. Fugu (Pufferfish) - maybe when I'm old & grey? it kind of freaks me out to think that you have to have a special license or certification or whatever to make this though.

42. Funnel Cake

43. Gazpacho 

44. Goat 

45. Goat's Milk 

46. Goulash

47. Gumbo

48. Haggis

49. Head cheese

50. Heirloom Tomatoes - I really want to like tomatoes.  We have a couple of heirloom varieties growing right now, so maybe if we're able to get some tomatoes off them this year

51. Honeycomb

52. Hostess Fruit Pie

53. Huevos Rancheros 

54. Jerk Chicken


55. Kangaroo - this kind of makes me sad.  I don't know if I could eat kangaroo.  it's kind of akin to eating dolphin in my head, which I just couldn't do.

56. Key Lime Pie 

57. Kobe Beef

58. Lassi

59. Lobster

60. Mimosa

61. Moon Pie

62. Morel Mushrooms

63. Nettle Tea

64. Octopus

65. Oxtail Soup - I've had oxtail, but not oxtail soup

66. Paella - I love a good paella.  but a not so good paella is just bad

67. Paneer 

68. Pastrami on Rye 

69. Pavlova

70. Phaal - I had to look this up as well.  I don't think I'm interested.

71. Philly Cheesesteak - I craved these through part of my pregnancy. yum

72. Pho - chicken noodle soup on crack.  sooo good

73. Pineapple Cottage Cheese - is this supposed to be cottage cheese with pinapples?  or pinapple flavoured cottage chees?

74. Pistachio Ice Cream - I've had pistachio gelato, so I'm counting it for this one.  so good

75. Po' Boy

76. Pocky 

77. Polenta - I just had polenta for lunch!  so many possibilities.  I'm surprised more people (that I know, anyway) don't eat this.

78. Prickly Pear - also called nopales.  i liked it

79. Rabbit Stew

80. Raw Oysters

81. Root Beer Float

82. S'Mores 

83. Sauerkraut - not a big fan 

84. Sea Urchin

85. Shark

86. Snail

87. Snake

88. Soft Shell Crab - man I love seafood

89. Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad)

90. Spaetzle 

91. Spam 


92. Squirrel

93. Steak Tartare

94. Sweet Potato Fries - I like these much better than regular french fries

95. Sweetbreads

96. Tom Yum - nico's favourite is Tom Kha Ga, so that's what we always get

97. Umeboshi

98. Venison

99. Wasabi Peas

100. Zucchini Flowers - fried

so I have eaten 66/100 items on this list & don't think that I would eat 2 {kangaroo & phaal}.  not too bad!